Acupuncture originated in ancient China, blossoming out of a rich Taoist tradition, amalgamating certain portions of Ayurveda, and over time developed into the centuries old healing art it is today. This 3,000 year old healing modality, has benefited from centuries of dialogue on medicine, and has been used to treat a wide range of conditions.
As someone trained in classical acupuncture I can offer both, dry needling practiced by other health care professionals, as well as the more elaborate and holistic system employed in Traditional Acupuncture Therapy.
Who should get acupuncture
The scope of this treatment modality, in classical medicine, is vast. It has been used to treat and regulate every system in the body; from muscular-skeletal, psycho-emotional, nervous system, endocrine, immune system, cardiovascular, and the digestive system
The World Health Organization (WHO), a subsidiary of the United Nations, focusing primarily on international public health, found acupuncture a viable treatment for over one hundred conditions. In over 80% of the conditions looked at they found Acupuncture was either a viable treatment, or at least helped mitigate a variety of symptoms.
For the full report please see [Acupuncture: Review and Analysis of Reports on Controlled Clinical Trials]. For the a more concise summary see [here].
typical uses of acupuncture
- Muscular Skeletal Pain - Nerve pain, Sciatica, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Sprains or Strains, Inflamed or Tight Muscles Tendonitis, Frozen Shoulder etc
- Emotional & Psychological Stress - Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia, etc
- Gynecological Disorders - Fertility, Painful Periods, Irregular Periods, Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Circulatory Disorders - Low Blood Pressure/High Blood Pressure
- Quitting Addictive Behavior - Cigarette Cessation, and Detoxification
- Immunity Boosting - fight the common cold and help prevent it in the future
- Allergies - Allergic Rhinitis, Seasonal Allergies, Hayfever
- Gastrointestinal Disorders - Crohn's Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Constipation, Colitis, and Diarrhea
book acupuncture treatment below
All acupuncture needles are single use, individually packaged and sterile - following a strict regulatory guideline of safety.
and other resources
A client resource, giving you special direction to maximize the benefits of your treatment and other guides.