An ancient form of alternative medicine, in which local suction is created on the skin. This externally created 'pump' helps mobilize blood flow and promote recovery. Classically trained practitioners use fire to create this 'pump' or suction; by placing fire into specially blown cups, oxygen is consumed and a small amount of suction is created by the air cooling down again.
Cupping can framed and thought of as an 'inverse massage' - rather than applying pressure to muscles, it uses gentle pressure to pull them up and outward.
The additional points of contact created cupping, moves significantly more blood through tissue than conventional massage, this is further complimented by various techniques employed in a typical cupping session.
why people are choosing cupping therapy for sports injury & pain
- Sports Therapy - Gaining mass popularity among high level athletes, to both mitigate painful conditions and promote healing. Cupping helps manage the aches/pains garnered in any rigorous training, mobilizes blood, releases lactic acid ,and promotes quick recovery!
- Mobilize Blood and Tissue - Cupping creates far more blood profusion than other manual therapies; blood is spread through entire muscle bands in an action called 'moving-cupping' in which suctioned cups are moved alone entire muscle bands.
- Lymphatic Drainage - Promotes and manually pumps the lymphatic system, encouraging elimination and detoxification.
- Promote Healing and Manage Pain - Cupping improves local circulation to the areas it is applied, in doing so increases blood metabolism and elimination in that area, the result is often improvement to painful conditions.
- Organ Balancing - Cupping is based on TCM and incorporates use of meridian and acupuncture theory throughout in order to better bring the body into homeostasis / wellbeing.
- Common Cold - Traditionally cupping has also been used to relieve symptoms associated with common cold such as achy tight traps/neck, difficulty breathing etc.
Client Care + Cupping information
A client resource, giving you special direction to maximize the benefits of your cupping treatment and more.
Book a 1 hour cupping treatment
All sessions include a 15 minute assessment of health, specific areas of pain, and other concerns you are have.