Tuī Ná \ TCM massage
Tui Na is a an ancient form of massage and body work unique to Classical Chinese Medicine; archaeological studies have dated it's use around 2700 BC, making it the forefather of all forms of body work in existence today.
The etiology of Tui Na can be broken down as such; Tuī means to push, while Ná means 'to lift and squeeze' - this is reflected in the centuries old massage which makes use of several massage techniques unique to it as well as other contemporary systems - such as brushing, kneading, rolling/pressing, joint massage.
Additionally Tui Na makes use of acupressure points as well as several motion, traction techniques to increase mobility, treat chronic muscular skeletal conditions as well as promote healing.
Commonly Used for:
- Muscular Skeletal Pain - Nerve pain, Sciatica, Sprains or Strains, Inflamed or Tight Muscles Tendonitis, Frozen Shoulder, Neck / Back Pain, Mobility and Range of Motion issues.
- Stress Releif - Helps reduce one of the main precipitating factors of disease, stress and emotional tension.
- Lymphatic Drainage - Promotes and manually pumps the lymphatic system, encouraging elimination and detoxification.
- Balancing - TuiNa is based on TCM theory and incorporates use of acupressure throughout in order to better bring the body into homeostasis / wellbeing.
- Sports Therapy - Helps manage the aches/pains garnered in any rigourous training, mobilizes blood, releases lactic acid ,and promotes quick recovery!
Book a 1 hour Tuī Ná treatment
All sessions include a 15 minute assessment of health, specific areas of pain, and other concerns you are have.
Client Care and other resources
A client resource, giving you special direction to maximize the benefits of your treatment and other guides.